Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Finally! Woodrow W. Simmons-Susie Johnson Marriage Record Found

I have been to the courthouse in Marion County, Mississippi at least twice, digging through book after book of marriage license applications, hunting for that one particular document which proves the marriage date of my maternal grandparents, Woodrow W. Simmons and Susie Johnson.  I had knowledge of their marriage date (04 July 1936) through family members, but no proof of it.  Several years ago, my cousin Elaine and I traveled to the court house in Lamar County looking for the same document- not there.  I gave up and had forgotten about it until recently, when another relative, Michele Simmons Lewis inquired about the document.  After having no success in her attempt to locate the same document in Marion and Lamar counties, she decided to inquire about it in Forrest County.  Low and behold, she hit the jackpot!  I received an email from her a few days ago, with the attached marriage record.  I'm happy to finally be able to add my grandparents marriage record to their file and to my blog here ;)



Thanks again, Michele- you're a jewel!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment