Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Memories 1983


Daughters Crissy & Cherie

Crissy, Cherie & their baby brother, Ryan

The photos above were taken at the home of my parents, Frank & Lula Sue Simmons Powell.  After attending morning services at church that Easter morning, we spent a few hours at their home.  Mom cooked Easter dinner and in the afternoon we watched the children enjoy their Easter egg hunt.  Easter was a family affair in those days and there are many wonderful memories of our family spending time together.  

I remember the Easter dresses my daughters were wearing in this photo.  I was quite the seamstress back then and I had sewn a lot of their clothing on my old sewing machine, purchased for me by my father-in-law.  The dresses were pink gingham with a white apron overlay.  I hand-embroidered the yoke of the overlap with a floral design done in pink and blue threads.  I also created the matching hair bows.  Those were the days that I was the "happy homemaker"- times have surely changed since then!  



No comments:

Post a Comment