Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sharing Memories 2012 (Week 12): Family Additions


Mom & Dad, Spring 1961

Let's see, where was I in my story? Oh yes, Mom wanted to have more children... three more children to be specific. Well, she was granted her wish.

On their first anniversary, Mom and Dad were welcomed by a new baby boy. I don't remember anything about my baby brother coming home from the hospital because I was only two years old (nearly three) when he was born. Mom said she would have to watch me closely, however, because I would try to pick him up and play with him like one of my baby dolls. She told me that one day she was outdoors taking the laundry off the clothes lines and she heard Frank Jr. crying. She rushed inside to find me sitting in the rocking chair with him, scolding him... "Be quiet, baby!". She never figured out how I was able to get him out of his crib.

Mom & Dad with Frank Jr and I, 1962

A mere eighteen months later, Mom delivered a baby girl whom they named Sandy. They had their hands full, I'm sure, with three young children. Mom was defining the term "barefoot and pregnant" in those days. She still desired one more child before she called it "done". 

Mom & Dad with Sandy & Frank Jr, 1964





No comments:

Post a Comment