Friday, December 30, 2011

Susan Gail Stogner


Susan Gail Stogner (that's me) was born 1959 in Columbia, Marion County, Mississippi, daughter of Charles Laverne Stogner and Lula Sue Simmons. Married Charles Raymond Bourgoyne, the son of John Claude Bourgoyne, Sr and Lena Mary Rockforte, on 19 December 1976 in Columbia, Marion County, Mississippi.

The first few years of my childhood was spent in Marion County, Mississippi.  In the early 1960's, my Mom and her second husband, Frank Powell Sr, moved to the west bank of New Orleans, Louisiana and settled in Jefferson Parish.  It was there that I grew up, attended school and where most of my childhood memories were created.  In my senior year of high school, my parents made the decision to move back "home", to the place they grew up in Mississippi.  Of course, I followed them. With occasional exceptions, my husband and I have spent the majority of our married life in or near Marion County, Mississippi.
  
Most of my young adult years were spent rearing our three children and maintaining our household.  I worked temporarily when needed to help support our family's needs.  After our youngest began school, I worked full-time then decided to invest in our future by obtaining a college degree.  I continued to work full-time during my first year of college while I was enrolled in academic classes. After being accepted into the nursing program, I left my full-time job as a teachers assistant and became a full-time college student.  I graduated with an Associates Degree in Applied Science from Pearl River Community College in 1993.  I have been a Registered Nurse for 19 years now and, with only a few exceptions, have never regretted my career choice.  I feel I am doing exactly what I was called to do.

My husband and I have three children- daughters Cristina "Crissy" Fae Bourgoyne (married Ryan Wesley Curry) and Cheresa "Cherie" Renae Bourgoyne and one son, Charles Ryan Bourgoyne.  We have also been blessed with four grandsons- Damon Tyler Rowley, Coby Gerrick Rowley, Matthew Wesley Curry and Nathan William Curry.

More about my childhood memories may be viewed in the Sharing Memories section of this blog, linked with the tab in the pages section under the title.  

Resided:  1959-1965, Marion County, Mississippi
Resided:  1965-1976, Jefferson Parish, Louisiana
Resided:  1977-        , Marion County, Mississippi

See also:
Wedding Anniversaries:  My Husband & I, Celebrating 35 Years Together

No comments:

Post a Comment