Saturday, December 31, 2011

One Day at a Time in the New Year




It's been quite a few years since I've made New Years "resolutions".  In years past, I resolved to "lose weight, exercise more, cut back on cigarettes, etc....", the typical resolutions that are common to many come the first of the year.  More often than not, I did well for a couple of months then my resolutions fell by the wayside. Thereafter, I began setting simple "goals" that I thought would be easily accomplished during the year.  Eventually even some of those faultered.  

This year, I'm "resolving" to forget resolutions and goals.  I will take one day at a time.  There are certain tasks I would like to accomplish but there are no deadlines involved.  I will do what I can when I can, the rest will go into my "ONE DAY" bin (which is already overstuffed).  

I applaud those whom have concrete goals in mind for the year and strive so heartily to meet them.  I've been there and done  that.  These days I prefer "simple"- the fewer deadlines the better.  

I wish everyone a Happy New Years Eve and much luck in meeting their goals this coming year!



An example of me (on the right) ;)

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Susan, and I love the "simple" way of doing things these days. I don't make many goals anymore, I just never keep them. I have great intentions but road blocks come up and then I lose my motivation. I have been wanting to organize my office and family history papers. Instead of making it a 2012 goal, I have already started on it so I can enjoy getting down to some research in 2012, which is what I really need and want to do. One day at a time . . . my thoughts exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're absolutely right, Gini. Fortunately, I organized all my family history papers a couple of months ago so that's behind me for now. I do need to organize my genealogy files on my computer, however. I have information and pictures scattered everywhere and I need to bring them all together in a designated place on my pc. Happy Researching in 2012, Gini!!!

    ReplyDelete